Saturday 23 June 2007

Habari?!

Char says: Welcome to our blog! Once we get out to Uganda we will be trying to keep the blog as up-to-date as possible but internet connection is likely to be infrequent! Six weeks to go and we still have loads to sort out. Already human pin cushions, we still both have further exciting injections and the prospect of Malaria tablets to look forward to! But besides that, its beginning to get very exciting!...

Jay says: So, just in case you're a weirdo who goes searching the internet for random blogs and you don't know me or Char then I'll give you a quick fill in. Come August 6th we're heading off to an orphanage in Uganda to volunteer for six months. We are then hoping to do a bit of back packing around Sub-Saharan Africa for the following few months (or as long as we can afford). We're going with the lovely small charity ICYE. If you want more info on why we chose to go with these guys rather than the raft of others out there offering gap year guff then please read this on ICYE's website...written by yours truley!

Finally a word on the title.
For those of you not in the know mzungu is the Swahili for 'white person'.
Anyhow as Char says please keep checking back - we'll try and keep you as up to date as possible. You may even get some pretty pictures now and again! But for now its time to log off and get excited...

5 comments:

The Paranoid Mod said...

Ha! First comment! Do I win a prize?

Scribbler said...

Thanks for linking to my blog guys. I hope you will have a brilliant time. Here is the bit of Swahili I know: Na me me pia (i have no idea if that's how you spell it!). Oh, plus the stuff in the lion king!

Basquiat Scrawls said...

why no link for me when they all get one not fair!!

. said...

Sorry Sorry!
Its now up there!
Is that OK? Any other family member's blogs i've missed?!

The Paranoid Mod said...

I think Jessica's got one...